Guiding You Through Advanced Appeals Process

If your Social Security Disability application is denied, the next step is to have a hearing before an administrative law judge. If you are unable to receive benefits after that hearing, many attorneys will advise you to stop fighting and file a new application. If you have received this advice, now is a time when you could benefit from a second opinion.

I am attorney Annette Rutkowski. Unlike most lawyers who handle Social Security Disability claims, I am experienced at advanced appeals. This includes appeals to the Social Security Appeals Council and federal district court appeals.

As a woman lawyer who owns her own firm, I believe I bring nurturing and care-giving skills to my cases that many law firms do not. There is no cost and obligation to speak with me for a second opinion. For your convenience, I have offices in Indianapolis.

What Is The Social Security Appeals Council?

The Appeals Council will review your case file and the decision of the administrative law judge. You also have the ability to submit additional evidence to the Appeals Council to support your claim.

The Appeals Council can then take one of three steps:

  • Deny your request: In this case, you can file an appeal to federal district court within 60 days.
  • Send the case back for a second hearing with the administrative law judge: This is known as a remand.
  • Award disability benefits to you: These benefits will be awarded along with past-due benefits.

Many disability law firms only go so far in helping their clients navigate the Social Security system. As your lawyer, I can point out any mistakes the judge may have made at your hearing. I have a track record of success in advanced appeals. I often represent clients who have been dropped by their first lawyer after benefits were denied at their hearing.

Get The Benefits You Deserve

For more information about the Social Security Disability Appeals Council or to schedule a free consultation, call 317-663-9781 in Indianapolis. I also welcome inquiries via email.