Complete Advice Throughout The Social Security Disability Process
At the Law Office of Annette Rutkowski LLC, I handle Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims at any stage in the process.
I will work with you from the initial filing all the way through to administrative appeals and advanced appeals in federal courts. With offices in Indianapolis, Lafayette and Franklin, I represent clients throughout central, western and southern Indiana.
Whether this is the first time you have applied for disability benefits or you have already been turned down by Social Security, I offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. If you do choose to hire me, I charge on the contingency fee basis. This means that if I don’t obtain compensation for you, I don’t charge any fees.
Understanding The Social Security Claims Process
When seeking Social Security Disability benefits, you may experience the following steps:
- Initial SSD applications: There is no reason not to contact a lawyer right away. I can give you an honest assessment of your case to help you avoid mistakes that can damage your claim.
- SSD hearings: If your initial application for disability benefits and request for reconsideration are denied, your next step is a hearing before an administrative law judge. It is important to have an attorney represent you at this hearing.
- SSD Appeals Council: If the administrative law judge denies your claim at your hearing, you can appeal the decision to the Social Security Appeals Council.
- SSD federal court appeals: If the Social Security Appeals Council denies your request for benefits, I can appeal the decision in federal court.
- Supplemental Security Income: If you have not worked long enough to qualify for Social Security Disability income, you may be eligible for benefits from Supplemental Security Income.